If you’re anything like me, you’ve fallen victim to boredom eating during social distancing. Because of this, I’ve really been working towards trying new recipes to find something that’s filling and healthy. I’m not typically someone who likes protein bars or shakes or things like that. When I boredom eat, I, unfortunately, go for chips, sweets, and the not-so-great snack options. So if you fall into the same category as me, hopefully, this recipe will end your boredom eating too.
No-Bake Energy Balls
- Needed ingredients:
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (crunchy works better, in my opinion)
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 of cup honey
- 1 tablespoon of chia seed
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Once you’ve got everything in front of you, you’ll want to start by putting the oats and peanut butter into a bowl. Mix the two together, and then begin to add the rest of the ingredients one-by-one.
- Once everything is mixed, cover the bowl and put it in the fridge to chill the dough
All of this prep should take about 10 minutes.
Leave the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, start rolling the dough into little balls that are about an inch wide. But honestly, you can make them as big or as small as you’d like.
Full Nutrition Facts
- If you keep the balls to an inch…
- 114 calories
- 6.5 grams of fat
- 12.6 grams of carbohydrates
- 3.1 grams of protein
- 0 mg of cholesterol
- 32 mg of sodium
I really like this recipe because it satisfies my craving for sweets and also curbs my hunger. I find myself eyeballing the pantry less than usual. Having one of two will easily hold me over until my next meal. Hopefully, you come to enjoy these as much as I do.
Written by GUADS staff member Toni with contributions from www.allrecipes.com