In the blink of an eye we have been in quarantine for over 2 months, maybe even more for some, with no near end in sight. With all of us growing restless, I believe it is important to stay busy in a productive manner and what better way than making your own at-home gym. I have curated a list of the must supplies you’ll need to start your at home fitness journey that won’t break the bank!
- Yoga Mat – whether you want to find your zen or just have a little cushion when doing exercises an yoga mat is a great addition to your at-home gym! A standard yoga mat cost anywhere between $10 and $50, just depends on your choice.
- Resistance Bands – these are a great way to focus on control of movement and overall give you an extra push in while doing your exercises! Resistance bands can cost as low as $10 for a pair of 2 or $50 for an assorted set.
- Jump Rope – this is a great, sometimes forgotten, calorie burner! Jump can be weighted for an added challenge or just regular for a cardio exercise. Price can vary from $5 to $60 based on quality and technique level.
- Dumbbells and Kettle Bells – these are a staple in any gym as they provide a source of strength training for many parts of the body. Prices vary from as low as $2 to over $100 with quality and amount varying.
- Step Platforms – often used in aerobic exercising this tool adds an extra element to your work outs as it can help burn calories and build strength. They range from $25 to $80 depending on height desired.
- Medicine Ball – this a great way to improve coordination and balance as well as add a different element in your workout. They cost anywhere between $25 to $100 depending on amount purchased.
All items mentioned are very accessible as they can be found in Walmart, Target and Amazon. Depending on your choices you could have your own gym for as low as $100!