Fall is officially here, the days are getting shorter, they are getting colder, and holy cow, do I have less time to cook! As a graduate student, who also works, who also sees Health Coaching clients, who also has pets, who also tries to exercise and clean up a home everyday, and who has mostly night classes – I need some insanely fast meals that are still healthy, and you are probably in the same boat! Disclaimer: I would not call this recipe fancy in any way, but it is one that was born of necessity and I personally make it multiple times a week!
What you’ll need:
- A bag of frozen veggies (I usually use stir-fry veggies from either Trader Joe’s or Target)
- Some kind of sauce (I am a TJ’s girl through and through: I personally love TJ’s Chimichurri sauce or Vegan Pesto)
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese (or Real Cheese, whatever floats your boat)
- Olive oil
- *Optional* Egg Noodles
- Heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan on medium/high heat
- Throw in as many frozen veggies as you want and mix into the oil
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until they begin to brown ever so slightly
- Throw into a bowl, mix in 1-2 tbsp of preferred sauce, sprinkle parmesan cheese – Enjoy!
- Optional – boil 1 quart of water in a pot and throw in as many egg noodles as desired. Cook for about 8 minutes, drain and toss in with the veggies!
It’s weird, it’s non-traditional, and it might not sound good at first, but it’s a great way to eat a ton of veggies, it’s quick as HECK, and call me crazy but I think it’s delicious! Next time you need a healthy meal in a pinch, try this bad boy!