Tis’ the season for everything PSL! At this point, pumpkin spice lattes are a beloved seasonal treat, however for our wallets and for our health… not so much. Why not make your favorite pumpkin spice latte right at home?? Not only does it save you money (around $6!!), but you can choose to make it FAR healthier than Starbucks while still tasting great!
First off: Check out the Nutrition label from a normal PSL from Starbucks…
Serving Size 16 fl oz
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 drops of liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- 8 ounces brewed coffee (or 1-2 shots of espresso)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- In a cup or saucepan, mix together almond milk and pumpkin. Cook on medium heat on the stovetop or microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, spices, and sweetener, place in a cup and use a frother to foam the milk. You can also use a blender — just process for 30 seconds or until foamy.
- Pour coffee into a large mug; add the foamy milk mixture on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!