Essential oils have become a huge hit! Many were able to see the major health benefits that comes with a simple little, great smelling oil. Making you and your environment smell amazing is not the only trait essential oils have. They have many health benefits including air purification, emotional healing, and aid seasonal discomfort.
Essential oils have qualities to remove free radicals from the air. Quickly going back to CHEM100, free radicals are atoms, molecules, or ions that have unpaired electrons. Free radicals move throughout the body to seek other electrons to become a pair. This movement causes damage to cells, proteins, and DNA. In contrast, antioxidants (these are important remember) interact with free radicals to prevent this damage.
Essential oils, depending on the compound and ingredients, can interact with the brain, hormones, and emotions. Certain essential oils can enhance mood, and increase alertness. Research shows essential oils such as frankincense and sandalwood, can help increase oxygen flow to the brain. This in-turn can lead to an increase in endorphins and neurotransmitters.
Wait, and seasonal discomfort?
Essential oils have properties that can calm and reduce inflammation, and enlargement of mucous cells.
Mixtures to try!
- Seasonal discomfort – lemon and tea tree
- Respiratory support – lemon, eucalyptus, peppermint, and rosemary
- Focus – wild orange and peppermint
- Fresh and clean – lavender, lemon, and rosemary
- Odor eliminator – lemon, melaleuca, cilantro, and lime
- Seasonal support – lavender, lemon, and peppermint
- deep breathe – bergamot, patchouli, and ylang ylang
- Bug repellent – lemongrass, thyme, eucalyptus, and basil
- Destress – bergamot and frankincense
- Energize – wild orange, frankincense, and cinnamon