There is a lot of thought that goes into figuring out your workout for the day. One of the biggest challenges individuals question when it comes to working out is determining if they should do cardio or strength-based training first.
This is one of those topics that have become very controversial in the world of fitness. The answer is both tricky and very simple at the same time; It is up to you and your goals!
When determining if to start your workout with strength training or cardio, it all comes down to what you are trying to achieve in terms of fitness. Your needs and goals will answer this question.
Check out some of these questions to help decide what comes first:
- Is your goal to improve in endurance performance? Cardio
- Is your goal to lean or lose weight? Strength
- Is increasing strength your goal? Strength
- Training upper-body today? Either
- Training lower-body today? Strength
- Are your goals to just become more physically fit with no specific goals? Do what you least enjoy and get it over with first!
When it comes to fitness training always remember your goals and train accordingly!
Article written by GUADS member Breanna, with contributions from www.acefitness.org