This will not be shocking news to you at this point: there is no magical weight-loss supplement or elixir that can take the place of a healthy lifestyle. However, adding tea into your day can be beneficial in many ways including slimming your waistline. There is evidence that drinking white tea in particular can help to boost metabolism, burn fat, aid in weight loss and more!
White Tea For Weight Loss:
- White tea contains high levels of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)
- EGCG is known to break down fat cells and prevent the formation of new fat cells
- White tea is thought to boost metabolism by 4-5% (an extra 70-100 calories a day)
Other Benefits Of White Tea:
- It’s rich in polyphenols that act as antioxidants
- It may reduce the risk of heart disease by reducing inflammation
- Can protect your teeth from bacteria since it is a great source of fluoride and polyphenols which inhibit plaque
- May help prevent and fight cancer
- May lower risk of insulin resistance
- Might prevent osteoporosis by reducing free radicals and inflammation
- Can prevent skin aging, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease
- Drinking it throughout the day helps keep you hydrated!
Written by GUADS staff member Kate with contributions from healthline.com