We at GUADS just released an Uplift Podcast episode not long ago all about Body Image. Now, I’m not going to give it all away (give it a listen!), but I thought now might be a good time for a post about affirmations. It’s normal to occasionally not feel your best, your hottest, your smartest, etc. Ideally these are brief passing moments of insecurity and you can get right back to feeling like the incredible joy of a human that you are. However, sometimes we need a little help getting out of a particularly vicious cycle of negative thoughts or negative self-talk. If you are feeling a little blue, you find yourself comparing who you are or what you have to others, or maybe you just need a little pep talk – read these affirmations to yourself. You are preciously, uniquely you and that’s AMAZING; sometimes we just need a reminder 🙂
- I love myself for who I was, who I am, and who I will become.
- Fear is only a feeling, it cannot hold me back.
- I am proud of myself.
- I trust myself.
- I am capable and strong.
- I have faced challenges and made it through them.
- I love my body fully and joyfully.
- I am grateful for all that my body can do.
- I am attractive and I am unique.
- I am powerful and confident.
- I forgive myself for any past mistakes.
- I let go of habits and patterns that don’t serve me for positive ones.
- I am the only one that can control my thoughts and emotions.
- I am deeply loved.
- I have an abundance of love for others.
- I am my own best friend and cheerleader.
Now, take 3 deep breaths, put on your favorite outfit and your favorite song and keep repeating these to yourself. You are awesome and you’re doing great!