With the weather changing and days getting shorter and darker, it becomes more challenging for a lot of us to want to exercise outside in spite of knowing how good outdoor movement is for our health. You know what makes getting outside easier? When it’s for an event, when you can do it with friends or family, when it’s for a good cause, and when you get to end it with a fun reward! Below are upcoming events this autumn – try setting a personal goal to participate in at least one: it will motivate you to train and will be something to look forward to!
Events around Newark, DE:
- October 1: Main Street Mile
- Reward: End at Deer Park Tavern!
- October 2 (9th &16th): Healthy Kids Running Series (Pre-K through HS, multiple distances; Bear, DE)
- Reward: Chance to win points and trophies!
- October 8: Love Wins 5k (Benefit for Madison Sparrow Scholarship; Glasgow Park)
- Reward: Benefits a great cause
- October 8: Stampede at Stine (more info!)
- Supports “Unlocke The Light” foundation
- October 16: Deer Park Goes Pink 5k
- Proceeds go directly to Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition!
- Drinks, snacks, chances to win DP gift cards!
- October 20: Blue Hens Homecoming 5k (UD campus)
- Ice cream, prizes, refreshments!
- October 23: Elise Midili Breast Cancer Battle 5k
- Beer by Midnight Oil Brewing, benefits Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition
- October 29: Boo & Brew 5k
- Halloween costumes!
- Proceeds to a good cause
- After party at Midnight Oil Brewing!
See you there!
Written by GUADS Staff member Kate with contributions from runningintheusa.com