Yoga is a form of exercise and mindfulness that can provide many health benefits for both the mind and body. Not only does it allow for an increase in flexibility and strength, but it also gives opportunity for reflection and relaxation. If these are factors that you would enjoy incorporating into your lifestyle and physical activity, yoga may be for you! There are different styles of yoga to explore that bring different benefits and experiences.
Try Vinyasa if you enjoy…
- a workout that focuses on strengthening and breath.
- a variety in your workout, rather than a routine.
Try Iyengar if you…
- enjoy a workout that is slow and concentrated.
- like feeling relaxed and released after your workout.
- have a history of injuries.
Try Kundalini if you want to…
- focus on both the spiritual and physical aspects of yourself.
- release tension from your lower back.
Try Yin if you want…
- an easy flow and relaxed approach to your practice.
- to improve posture and focus on strengthening singular positions.
- to practice meditation throughout your time.
If you think yoga may be for you, try something new and go for a flow!
Written by GUADS intern Isabel