This was actually a bit of an experiment, but it turned out AMAZING so I had to share! If you want the taste of Christmas cheer in your mouth but still want a quick and nutritious meal, look no further than this recipe!
Ho Ho Holiday Smoothie Recipe
- One banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup Milk/Alternative (I used cashew/almond for this one)
- 1 heaping tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 heaping tbsp ground pumpkin seed
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Orgain but any should work as long as it’s not full of sugar!)
- 1 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp spirulina powder (for protein, minerals and COLOR)
- 3-4 drops of peppermint oil
- Add all ingredients to blender
- Top it off with water if you need more liquid
- Blend it up and enjoy!!
This provides you with protein, greens, fiber, and fat, as well as cheery, minty-fresh bliss! Morning dessert can be healthy after all, huzzah!
Written by GUADS staff member Kate