More and more we as a society are realizing just how important gut health is to our overall wellbeing. The gut truly is the “second brain” – it affects digestive health, skin health, mental health, and more. Adding probiotic-rich foods into your daily diet is the best and most natural way to get probiotics – below are some of the best foods to start adding into your meals!
- Natto (fermented soybeans)
- Unpasteurized Pickles/ Pickled Veggies
Ways To Add Them Into Food
- Yogurt or kefir with berries and nuts
- Scrambled eggs with kimchi
- Natto over rice with avocado (try this recipe)
- Ramen made with miso soup broth
- Buddha bowls with Tempeh and roasted veggies
- Sausage topped with sauerkraut
- Tuna or Salmon salad made with unpasteurized pickles
There are so many options when it comes to increasing your probiotic intake. True, some of them are an acquired taste but the next time you are in the grocery store, trying buying something on the list and experimenting with how to add it to a dish that you like – your gut will thank you!
Written by GUADS staff member Kate with contributions from healthline.com